|Naomi Guttman’s first book of poems, Reasons for Winter, won the A.M. Klein Award for Poetry. Her second, Wet Apples, White Blood, was co-winner of the Adirondack Center for Writing’s Best Book of Poems for 2007. The Banquet of Donny & Ari: Scenes from the Opera is her third poetry collection. Raised in Montreal, she now teaches creative writing at Hamilton College in Clinton, NY.|
Interviews & Articles
5 Questions with Naomi Guttman
May 24, 2016
Naomi Guttman reads at the Tree reading series in Ottawa
June 9, 2015
Interview with Naomi Guttman
Canadian Writers Abroad - interview by Debra Martens, May 13, 2015
Naomi Guttman: from The Banquet of Donny & Ari: Scenes from the Opera
May 1, 2015
The Proust Questionnaire, with Naomi Guttman
March 17, 2015
Through the questions posed to them, many Brick Books authors have taken the time to provide insights into such things as their writing process, experience as poets, reflections on poems among many other things.
Insights from Naomi Guttman can be found here.
- Author Questionnaire
- Essay: “Scenes from the Opera: On Writing a Novella-in-Verse”
- Writing exercises – please share some of your favourite writing exercises – things you do to limber up or exercises you use with workshops.
- Conversations between the editor and the author about a poem.
- A poet’s statement on some aspect of craft
- Study Questions on Méira Cook’s Monologue Dogs