- Nuns Looking Anxious, Listening to Radios
- Helen Humphreys
- 5" × 8.75"
to buy with PayPal or a Credit Card
Design by Tim Inkster, Porcupine's Quill
e-book:The e-book edition of this title will be available by the end of summer 2013.
Alcuin Citation in 1991 for excellence in book design in Canada.
Nuns Looking Anxious, Listening to Radios is a work in the hazard of retrieval. What sticks in retrospect? Seldom what you would expect, not always the happiness. Otherwise you could train for life, you could actually learn from grandmothers, mothers; poems - those bodies of lines and spaces - would not appear unbidden bearing news you hold your breath to hear. Helen Humphreys comes through the rich reproach of the past into the present, a bruise, a beautiful bloom.
More Brick Books by Helen Humphreys
- Trad and True by Bruce Whiteman (Books in Canada, June/July 1991)
- Poetry: Spirited metaphors, satiric jabs by Douglas Barbour (The Toronto Star. Saturday June 1, 1991)
- Humphreys tours through memory by Daryl Jung (NOW Magazine March 14, 1991)
- Nuns Looking Anxious, Listening to Radios by Helen Humphreys by Betsy Struthers (Canadian Book Review Annual, 1992)
- Various voices of Ontario poetry by Cary Fagan (Globe & Mail, March 30 1991)